JULY 2020 OPENING: GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Uplevel your design skills + Join a design team focused on Social & Environmental impact solutions
Focus on improving your design skills without being distracted with client interactions or the need to code websites.
We teach a start to finish graphic design process for commercial application. You will get real world experience and support.
We only hire designers from our internship program, so after graduation, you have the opportunity for a remote job!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- 6-week course content paired with active client projects & feedback to implement learning
- This is an unpaid internship that requires 10 hours/week: 25% of the time will be educative content & 75% will be experiential application
- Work with a close-knit design team to develop conceptual graphic design deliverables
- We focus on working with social and environmental impact clientele and promote a “freedom-based” work environment, meaning you can work with us from anywhere in the world
- Execute approved creative ideas that will be used in real-world applications
- Daily focus on typography skills with guidance, tutorials and regular feedback
- Workflow, resource, and template library for a commercial design process
- File exporting and quality control guidance for print and web applications
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- Course content will help you quickly build your freelance career
- American university quality critiques and design standards will be taught
- We will hone your design process through logo, branding and website design projects
- Weekly conceptual meetings and daily feedback
- Access to our resource/template library for design and business materials
- Gain design portfolio examples and a reference
- Life access to our exclusive Freedom Designers Facebook page where you can ask questions, request critiques and network with other designers
- After graduation, you are qualified to be hired as part of the Live Large Design core team in a paid position (this is not guaranteed, but will be awarded based on the final evaluation)
We call ourselves freedom designers
We strive to make a positive impact on the world, work with clients that share our values, and have a lot of fun along the way.
The Live Large design internship is led by Creative Director and Live Large founder, Adele. With a Masters in Fine Art in Graphic Design and almost a decade running a design agency, Adele brings expert design knowledge, business savvy, and lots of energy as a leader. Adele also teaches graphic design at Academy of Art University in San Francisco, along with leading the Live Large graphic design team while traveling full-time internationally. She will meet with interns live once/week and will be in daily contact throughout the duration of the internship.
“I really enjoyed my internship with Adele at Live Large Design. Adele is always willing to help guide you, give advice and share her knowledge with you. Her feedback is constructive and creates a safe space in which to explore your own ideas within the guidelines of Live Large Design expected professionalism.”
—Chantelle (Cape Town, South Africa)
2018 design internship graduate
“I learned a lot working with Adele, especially in print design. It was nice having weekly meetings as you feel like you have colleagues like a traditional office setting, except everyone is thousands of miles apart and in completely different time zones! There’s so much you can learn about the operations of a design agency through this internship!”
—Angelina (Melbourne, Australia)
2018 design internship graduate
- Graphic design degree or commerical experience
- Adobe Creative Cloud active subscription with basic experience in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Portfolio showcasing body of work and skillset
- Excellent English written and verbal skills (we are big on clear communication!)
- Highly motivated with a growth centric approach
- Works well under pressure and deadline driven
- Creative self motivator who can manage their own schedule (we don’t micro manage)
- Values freedom, functional creativity, effective communication, and simplicity
Ready to apply!?
Please send an introduction email, resume and your portfolio to email@example.com
Let us know why you are interested in this internship, what you feel your design strengths are, and what you most hope to get out of the experience.
+ White list our email to ensure you receive a reply
+ Provide a Whatsapp/Phone # as a secondary contact